Wow! What a week!
With all that we see and hear about the health care initiative, I thought it was important to see what the positions of medical professionals are.
Apparently the American Medical Association has weighed in on the new health package:
- Allergists voted to scratch it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
- Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it but Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
- Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception. Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
- Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" While Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
- Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while Radiologists could see right through it.
- Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.
- Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and Plastic Surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter."
- Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
- Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas and Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say, "No."
- In the end, Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.